Church of Saint Spyridon of Trimythous

16:9 · min 2400×1350

Kerkyra · Corfu · Greece

Church of Saint Spyridon

A Venetian church of 1589 in the heart of the old town. The relics of Saint Spyridon, patron of Corfu, have rested here since the late fifteenth century.

The church and the relics →

4:3 · min 1600×1200

The church and the relics

The church was completed in 1589 in the Venetian style of the Ionian Islands and stands just behind the Liston, in the heart of the old town. Its red bell tower of 1620 is the tallest in the Ionian Islands and has long been a symbol of Corfu.

The relics of Saint Spyridon have rested here since the late fifteenth century in a silver reliquary. Four times a year they are carried in procession through the town: on Palm Sunday, on Holy Saturday, on 11 August and on the first Sunday of November.

3:4 · min 900×1200
Protopresbyter Spyridon rector of the church
3:4 · min 900×1200
Fr Nikolaos commemorations, pilgrims
3:4 · min 900×1200
Fr Georgios catechesis
3:4 · min 900×1200
Deacon Athanasios services, media library
3:4 · min 900×1200
Protopsaltis Emmanouil precentor, choir

The church on the map of the old town · open the map with zoom →

© OpenStreetMap contributors

How to find us

Address

Agiou Spyridonos, Kerkyra 49100, Greece
In the heart of the old town, behind the Liston

Hours

Open daily, admission free
Access to the relics after the morning service, from about 10:00

Getting here

15 minutes on foot from the port through the old town
Buses 2 and 11 to the San Rocco stop
There is no parking in the old town: the nearest is by the New Fortress